PREKINDERGARTEN FOR 4 ½ – 5 YEAR OLDS
KINDERGARTEN FOR 4 ½ – 5 ½ YEAR OLDS
Catoctin Sun is proud to announce the offering of Kindergarten for those families seeking an alternative to online, virtual elementary for their child’s first school year.
These two new programs are full of rich language, differentiated, and hands-on learning. Nature/Literacy Journals will be a focus in this pod. Open-ended exploratories in nature, coupled with weekly pre-writing, literacy, mathematical & scientific reasoning activities.
Nature Pre-Kindy and Nature Kindergarten pods will receive 2 days per week of 1:1 guidance & milestone assessment by an experienced teacher. Math Their Way curriculum: Nature archiving, curation, and categorization is taught in our everyday walk-a-bout.
This pod is also a great option for families who choose to delay Kindergarten in 2020.
Catoctin Sun Nature Kindergarten programming will include:
• Curriculum that addresses the standards for kindergarten, as found in Supporting Every Young Learner: Maryland’s Guide to Early Childhood Pedagogy, Birth to Age 8.
• Classrooms will have age appropriate materials and degreed teachers trained to provide effective instruction.
• Small group “pod” learning – with added nature component of fresh air, green space, and in- person social-personal interaction.
• Appropriate social-distancing measures and low classroom numbers along with classroom/outdoor rotation schedules
• 1:1 instruction each day, with extra 1:1 on Tuesdays & Thursdays
**Although kindergarten attendance is mandatory for children who are 5 years old as of September 1st each year, there are regulations that allow you to extend your child’s education and receive credit for Kindergarten.
Please read the Kindergarten Exemption Requirements.
2020 Siblings are invited to attend at a discounted rate.
Schedule & Pricing
Monday through Friday
9:15am – 3pm
$229/wk or $916/mo
Tuesdays & Thursdays
9:15am – 3pm
$135/wk or $540/mo
Add 1 or more sibling for just $75/wk each or $300/mo each