ELEMENTARY LEARNERS K – 5
Catoctin Sun’s Maple Tree pod of elementary learners will attend two days per week, to offset the isolation of full-time virtual learning at home. Maple Tree pod will provide a social-emotional booster, breaks, snack, fresh-air, and 1:1 teacher time.
This program will:
• Monitor & check-in with your child as they work virtually at Cat Sun
• Encourage and check use of your child’s daily planner to meet goals
• Support attendance of virtual classroom meetings, staying on task with projects, and schoolwork
• Encourage & monitor social-distancing measures & mask-wearing
• Provide additional school-age implements, including reading material, art/painting and crafting, games & activities, nature walkabouts, and other enrichments
• Breaktimes for “brain-breaks,” hydration, and fresh air & green space
• Support each child in use of their personal (family provided) Chromebook / Wireless hot-spot
• Social-emotional interaction – connect with other children – in person!
NEED UNINTERRUPTED WORK-TIME?
The Maple Tree pod is a helpful option for parents needing blocks of uninterrupted time to work from home.
NOTE: This pod has limited enrollment availability; siblings are encouraged to attend together at the discounted rate.
Daily goals include:
- Demonstrate effort & ability to accomplish daily school tasks via personal FCPS planner
- Participation in on-line class meetings
- Check-off daily class assignments
- Inspired by Character Counts, and the compassion of Mr. Rogers.
- Exercise and activity in large, grassy fields and under mature, shady trees
- Outdoor classroom time