All students will be provided with spaced snack times and have both indoor and outdoor options (including grass mats in the cool shade) for lunch and learning times.
For part of our school day, we will use this pod model to build friendships, teach to differentiated learning styles, limit classroom transitions in a healthy way involving fresh air, shade, and outdoor exploration.
- We will rotate indoor play, outdoor explorations, and lunch groupings based on numbers of children enrolled in each pod.
- Activity areas and materials will be sanitized and stored between Pod rotations
- A “no-touch thermometer” will be used to record the temps of our children upon arrival and BEFORE exiting your vehicle.
- Parents will drop their children off outside of the classroom each day
- Staff member will also have their temperatures checked upon arrival
- Our plan takes into account the physical well-being of our preschoolers and young children, and also the importance of reintegration of social-emotional / social-personal interactions — to offset regression and behavioral changes due to the sudden, lengthy isolation of pandemic times.